Fat Dissolving Treatment
Effective, non-surgical treatment to remove fullness under chin and stubborn pockets of fat.
Fat-dissolving injections, made of a synthesised deoxycholic acid (similar to that found in the digestive system), are injected into fatty areas, breaking down fat cells. The result is a slimming of the treated area, preventing destroyed fat cells from regenerating.
Noticeable improvements can be seen in three to four treatments, four to six weeks apart.
Per session - small area
Per session - large area
• Immediately after treatment, ice or a cold compress can be applied to the area treated to reduce pain and swelling. Continue as required for the first 48 hours
• Do not take anti-inflammatories such as aspirin, or Vitamin E, for 24 hours after treatment. Panadol can be taken for any pain or discomfort
• Massage the area that was treated for the next 3-5 days to enhance even spreading of PTC. It is also recommended to have radiofrequency (RF) therapy, to assist with skin tightening in the treated area
• Commence exercise and normal activities after 24 hours
• Make sure you report any increasing pain, redness or signs of infection
• Drink lots of water for the first 24 hours after treatment
For most patients, any side effects of fat-dissolving injections are temporary and limited to the injection site. Side effects can include some redness and swelling.